Spicy Charro Beans
Literally meaning Cowboy, Charro is usually served as a soup, or a soup-like consistency but I find this recipe perfect the way it is. Charro beans are loved by all Mexican 'horsemen' and you will see why with one flavorful taste.
For 4 Serving(s)
- 1/4 lb(s) bacon, diced
- 1/4 lb(s) Chorizo sausage, diced
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 (15-ounce)cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 1/2 cup(s) your favorite salsa
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 cup(s) whole kernel corn
- 4 cup(s) hot cooked rice, if desired
Spicy Charro Beans Directions
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the bacon, chorizo and onion. Stir to combine and cook until the onion is softened and the bacon has cooked to your liking. Drain fat and add remainder of ingredients except rice. Continue to cook and stir until heated through. Serve hot as is or over rice.