Tropical Rice Pudding with Caramelized Banana
All sorts of flavors working here folks. The icing on the cake are the gooey bananas slipping down the sides as you savor this great New England dessert.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3/4 cup(s) prepared caramel topping
- 1/4 cup(s) hot fudge (or chocolate sauce), heated slightly
- 2 cup(s) cooked rice, chilled
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cup(s) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond or vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
Tropical Rice Pudding with Caramelized Banana Directions
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Spray eight (7 oz.) ramekins with no stick cooking spray. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Evenly distribute the caramel sauce onto the bottom of each ramekin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir rice, eggs, milk, sugar, coconut and almond extract until well blended. Spoon rice mixture into prepared ramekins and bake 45 minutes or until set. Allow rice pudding to cool in ramekin, in refrigerator, for 10 minutes. Run a cake knife or thin rubber spatula around the edges of the rice pudding to loosen.
- Decoratively splash some chocolate and caramel sauce onto each serving plate. Carefully unmold rice pudding and place on plates, making sure the caramel drizzles out on top of each rice pudding.
- Over medium-high heat, add 2 T. butter or margarine and 1/2 c. brown sugar. Stir until melted and add sliced bananas. Cook for 30 seconds and turn over. Cook 15 seconds and remove from pan onto each rice pudding serving: serve.