The Best Gluten Free Flour Blend.....Period!
After years of experimenting, here is my gluten-free flour blend I use in almost all my gluten-free recipes during baking. This mix is great in any cookie, cake, dessert and as a breading for savory dishes. All the ingredients are inexpensive and found in most supermarkets. But if you have trouble finding any of the items, your local health food store will carry these ingredients.
For 4 people
- 3 cup(s) brown rice flour
- 1 cup(s) white rice flour
- 1/2 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1 cup(s) potato starch
- 1 cup(s) tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) xanthan gum
The Best Gluten Free Flour Blend.....Period! Directions
- Sift all ingredients into a large bowl. Whisk to thoroughly blend.
- Place in a labeled, sealed container and refrigerate or freeze. That's right, freeze! AS with flour, the fridge or freezer is routinely the driest place(just try that cake you have had in the fridge for a while...a little dry isn't it?) Make sure to mix it up a bit before using. This recipe makes about 6 c. gluten-free flour blend.