Brie and Beans
A simple and glorious way to enjoy your garden green beans this year. The use of evaporated skim milk adds one element of sweetness while the crunchy, dried apples round it off perfectly.
Share This Recipe
For 4 Serving(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 1 lb(s) fresh grean beans, snipped
- 6 ounce(s) mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) evaporated skim milk, or use light cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 ounce(s) Brie cheese, rind removed and cheese diced
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped, dried apples
Brie and Beans Directions
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add beans and cook until crisp tender, stirring often, about 4-5 minutes covered. Add mushrooms and continue cooking for about 5 additional minutes, or until the mushrooms are softened.
- With a slotted spoon, divide bean mixture among 4 serving plates and keep warm. Add milk, cheese, salt and pepper to same skillet. Stir well and cook 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese has copmpletely melted. Remove from heat, equally divide on top of plated beans and sprinkle dried apple on top. Serve immediately.