Crispier-Than-Panko Stuffed Zucchini Rounds
Yes, I said crispier than panko, and much tastier as well. A must try when your zucchini is ready for picking, but why wait? Run to the supermarket and grab one, or two or more. This is perfectly adaptable to summer squash as well.
For 10 Serving(s)
- 10 (1/4-inch thick)slices zucchini
- Butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) pound cake crumbs*
- 1 egg
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 10 thin slices Cheddar cheese, smaller in diameter than zucchini rounds
Crispier-Than-Panko Stuffed Zucchini Rounds Directions
- Cut Cheddar cheese slices into small circles that are smaller in diameter than the zucchini rounds; set aside. Grease a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Whisk the milk with egg in a small bowl; set aside. Place on circle of cheese on top of one zucchini round and dip in egg wash. Dredge in cake crumbs, pressing it in all around it completely. Place on prepared pan with cheese side facing up and repeat with remaining zucchini. Bake for 22-24 minutes or until tan in color and very crisp. Sprinkle with additional shredded Cheddar cheese and remove to serve immediately.