Creamy Tomato-Basil Raita
Raita is an Indian condiment that helps fight off those spicy dishes that India is known for. Although I have added just a hint of spice in the way of chili powder, this version is meant to be eaten as a "salad' condimnt, along with any and all barbecues you have fired up this summer or serve it along-side the scrumptious leg of lamb for Easter.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 2 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped(about 1 cup total)
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly chopped basil leaves(or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
Creamy Tomato-Basil Raita Directions
- In a bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients, blending well. Add cucumbers, stir to coat and cover. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.