Tangy Cuke Bowl
If you have a hard time slicing the cucumbers in thin strips lengthwise, cut them to whatever size you want. This is a great recipe to enjoy even in the middle of winter, alongside a roast beef, oven roasted turkey or even during lunch with a cold sandwich.
For 2 people
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1/4 cup(s) rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried dill or 1 tablespoon freshly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) each of salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/2 (14.5-ounce)jar roasted red bell peppers, julienned or chopped
Tangy Cuke Bowl Directions
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, dill, brown sugar, salt and black pepper and Parmesan cheese. In another bowl, add the cucumber and bell peppers. Pour vinegar mixture over cucumbers, toss to combine and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.