Crispy Baked Picnic Chicken
Such a simple preparation yet with all the flavor you desire in baked chicken. I realize many of you avoid dark meat chicken because it is higher in calories and fat, but just once in a while wouldn't hurt. As directed below, you can help lower the total calories and fat by simply removing the skin from the thighs. Don't worry, the extra moisture found in dark meat will more than compensate for any drying out that may occur. This is great to let cool and taking it on a picnic by the way.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 6 chicken thighs (I removed the skin)
- 2 cup(s) wheat flakes, pulsed to crumbs
- 3 tablespoon(s) melted butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup(s) sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
Crispy Baked Picnic Chicken Directions
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F. Combine melted butter with wheat flake crumbs; set aside. In a bowl, combine rest of ingredients, except chicken, blending well. Dip the chicken thighs into this sauce, shaking off the excess. Next, dip into prepared wheat flake crumbs. Coat chicken well and place on a baking pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle. and chicken registers 170-degrees F in the center of each thigh.