Cool Cucumber Dip
No one says you should only dip your cut veggies, chips, crackers or crusty bread in this refreshing dip. Slather it on burger or steak sandwich. Just as long as you don't put it on a hot dog.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 1 T. sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup(s) sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped, about 1/2 cup**
- 2 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces*
- 2 teaspoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
Cool Cucumber Dip Directions
- In a medium skillet, toast almonds on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Put 1 tablespoon almonds in small bowl. Set aside to use as garnish. In food processor or blender, process remaining almonds 3 to 5 seconds, or until coarsely crushed (1/4-inch irregular pieces). Transfer to medium serving bowl. Process remaining ingredients to desired consistency, 5 to 10 seconds for chunky texture, 15 to 20 seconds for smooth. Stir into crushed almonds. To serve, sprinkle with reserved almonds.
- *By all means use dried chives here, 1 T. in place of the green onion.
- **It would be a good idea to squeeze as much liquid from the cucumbers before processing. Not doing so may lead to a runny dip as it sits.