Citrus Dates with Smoked Ham
Almost as sweet as figs, dates are so often forgotten around the Holidays, I would love to share my favorite date recipe with you.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 12 large dates*
- 6 slices smoked ham or prosciutto
- 3 ounce(s) Brie cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
- 1 pinch(es) salt
Citrus Dates with Smoked Ham Directions
- Using a paring knife, slit each date lengthwise on one side only and remove the pit. Cut the ham slices to fit around dates.
- Combine the Brie cheese, orange and lemon zest and salt in a small bowl. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each date and close gently.
- Wrap each date with a strip of prosciutto, arrange on a serving platter and allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- * Many times, dates are not pitted. When you cut them open, make sure that the pits are removed or remove them yourself, they pop right out