Andouille Burger, 2 Ways
Pure and simple, after I enjoyed my first burger of the year on St. Patrick's Day (a potato encrusted burger), I yearned for another. I don't really care if its baked, fried, grilled, boiled, steamed.....you get the idea. I had some spicy Andouille sausage left over and hamburg, so what else is there to do? You would be right, and here is the result. Incredible!!
For 4 people
- 2 (5 oz) link precooked andouille sausage
- 1 lb(s) hamburger
- 3 tablespoon(s) chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) prepared mustard, optional
- 5 hamburger rolls
- grilled onions and peppers, optional
Andouille Burger, 2 Ways Directions
- Cut sausage, casing and all, into slices. Add the the bowl of a blender or food processor and whirl until finely chopped, about 30 seconds. Mix with the hamburger, chili sauce and mustard in a bowl until well blended. Make 5 big patties or less larger ones or more smaller ones.
- Over medium heat, grill these burgers until your desired doneness. It may be hard to determine from medium to well because the chili sauce and sausage color the hamburg, so keep a careful eye on them. cut a bell pepper and an onion into strips and grill as well if desired. Remove from heat, slide into the hamburger rolls and enjoy topped with your peppers and onions.
- Another great way to serve these Andouille Burgers is to either poach 5 eggs and lay them on top of each burger with some freshly sliced green onion or grill the eggs sunny-side up, serving the same way as the poached. When you taste the creamy egg with the spicy burger, I think you will be serving these time and time again.