Crispy Baked Picnic Chicken
Ahhh, the juiciness of fried chicken without all that grease. My whole family, especially the kids, love this recipe and I feel good making it for them. Certainly you can leave the skin on and use white meat chicken, but dark meat chicken has always been my preference when making this recipe. Try it and see for yourself.
For 6 people
- 6 chicken thighs(I removed the skin)
- 2 cup(s) wheat flakes, pulsed to crumbs
- 3 tablespoon(s) melted butter or margaine
- 3/4 cup(s) sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
Crispy Baked Picnic Chicken Directions
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine melted butter with wheat crumbs; set aside. In a bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and cornflakes and blend very well. Dip the chicken thighs into the sauce, shaking off the excess.
- Next, dip into prepared wheat flake crumbs. Coat chicken well and entirely and place in a baking pan. Place over indirect heat and cook about 40-45 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle. and chicken registers 170-degrees F in the center of each thigh.