Dark and Spicy Chicken Wings
There's mmore than one way to make a perfect wing. Although not spicy, these are so perfectly spicy and simple to make. No need to run to the store for anything.
Share This Recipe
For 2 people
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic in oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspon sesame oil
Dark and Spicy Chicken Wings Directions
- Begin by mixing soy, sugar, cornstarch, 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic and red pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken wings, stir to coat, cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours, or overnight. You will have to stir them every couple of hours to evenly marinate.
- When ready to cook, drain the wings, setting aside marinade. Add vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Pat the wings dry and carefully add to hot oil, cooking until browned on all sides. You may need to do this in 2 steps, but be careful for any splattering that may occur. They don't have to be fully cooked at this point.
- Remove the wings and add garlic, stirring. Cook for 1 minute and return wings to skillet along with broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until wings are completely cooked through. Stir a few times in order to prevent sticking.
- Remove lid, increase temperature to medium high and boil about 2-3 minutes, or until liquid has mostly evaporated. Remove from heat, stir in the sesame oil well and serve hot.