Homestyle Romaine with Andouille and Poached Egg
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1 Romaine lettuce heart
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ounce(s) cooled Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 poached egg
- 1/4 cup(s) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
Homestyle Romaine with Andouille and Poached Egg Directions
- Trim away any brown or discolored leaves or leaf edges. Take a sliver off the stem end to get rid of the brown part. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and saute until well browned all around. Be careful of any splattering grease. You may need to turn it a couple of times. Reduce heat to low, add sausage, cover and simmer 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, poach egg to your desired doneness. Remove romaine and sausage to a serving plate, top with poached egg and cheese. Serve while hot.