Light and Airy Garden Apps
"Oh Man!!!" That's what my eldest son said when he dove into these eggy, veggie laden and gooey appetizers. Not the kind of 'App' he normally is familiar with, but he enjoyed them WHILE he was downloading another kind of app, honest to goodness!
For 12 Serving(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup(s) grated summer squash
- 1 (8-oounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded Colby cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
Light and Airy Garden Apps Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Spray a 12-cup mini muffin pan(1/4-1/3-cup wells) with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy, and add the remainder of ingredients, mixing well. Evenly divide among the muffin cups and bake between 12-14 minutes, or until set in the middle. This amount of time will allow the sides of the Apps to become dark and caramel in color, lending a great crunch.
Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Run a dull butter knife around the edges of all the Apps to remove and serve while warm.