Apple Glazed Cinnamon Roll Cups
Prepare this recipe entirely the night before so all you have to do is pop them in the microwave in the morning. All you have to do with the Apple Glaze is just heat it, according to directions, on the stove top while your coffee is brewing and there you go!
For 12 Serving(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 (.25-ounce)package active yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 3 cup(s) flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) raisins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
Apple Glazed Cinnamon Roll Cups Directions
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk until just scalding. Don't boil! Stir in the butter, sugar and salt. Remove the milk mixture from the heat and cool until tepid, stirring to help the butter melt. In a small bowl, combine yeast and water. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes to foam. In a large bowl, beat the egg and egg whites using an electric mixer. Add in the yeast and milk mixture, beating well. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the flour, 1 cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a generously floured work surface and, with floured hands, knead gently until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Return the dough to the bowl and cover with film wrap. Let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 1 hour. Divide the dough in half and form into 2 balls. Cover with plastic and let sit for 10 more minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, brown sugar and raisins; set aside. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Using a rolling pin, roll each ball of dough into a 16-by-8-inch rectangle. Spray the dough with cooking spray and sprinkle each rectangle with half of the cinnamon mixture.
- Starting at the long side, roll up each rectangle and slice each roll into 6 pieces. Place on place cut side up in prepared muffin tin. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Brush each roll with the apple juice concentrate and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with even more of this sticky glaze brushed over each.