Bacon Cole Slaw, Southern Style
Now who doesn't like bacon? I know it seems cliche now, but when a little smoky saltiness is added with genuine Southern sweetness of peaches, you are bound to make this for the Holiday table that will be replacing the picnic table before you know it.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 1 (16-ounce)package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 firm white peach, peeled, pitted and diced(see NOTE)
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Bacon Cole Slaw, Southern Style Directions
- It is as easy as putting the coleslaw mix in a large bowl; set aside. Add the next 6 ingredients in another bowl and whisk very well, adding salt to taste. Add to coleslaw mix along with peach and bacon and tossing and mixing well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- NOTE: I use a white peach because it is far less 'peachy' in flavor, but is a touch sweeter. By all means, buy a regular peach if desired.
- Enough for 4-6 sides.