One Skillet Roasted Brunch Hash
Tasty potatoes, such as Yukon Gold or new potatoes are a great substitution here as well. But the sweet flavor of sweet potatoes really shine in this afternoon brunch recipe.
Share This Recipe
For 2 people
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large(12-14-ounce)sweet potato
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced small
- 6 -8 ounces chorizo or other smoked, cured ham, diced
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon each cumin, chili powder and celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 hard, tart apple
One Skillet Roasted Brunch Hash Directions
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Heavily spray the bottom and sides of a 9-10-inch, oven safe skillet(cast iron works the best)with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Peel and cut sweet potato into 1/2-inch cubes and add to a large bowl with remaining ingredients except apple. Peel, core and chop apple, adding to mixture. Toss well and transfer to prepared pan. Roast for 1 hour, or until potatoes are softened and the top is cripsy. Remove from oven to cool slightly before serving hot.