Cape Cod Carrots
Many of you will endear this recipe to the classic Carrots Vichy, which is a great way to enjoy the sweet flavor of carrots. But what better way to expound on this delicately flavored side-dish than to add a touch of Cape Cod?
For 4 people
- 1 lb(s) carrots
- 1 (12-ounce) can golden ginger ale
- 1 (8-ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce(about 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon(s) molasses, optional
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried dill or rosemary
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter or margarine
Cape Cod Carrots Directions
- Peel and slice carrots and add to medium saucepan. In a blender or food processor, pulse the ginger ale with cranberry sauce and dill until smooth and add to saucepan. Add enough water or more ginger ale to saucepan to cover carrots if needed. Cook over medium-high heat until carrots are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove carrots to a bowl, reduce heat to medium and add the butter. Continue boiling liquid until reduced by half or thickened, about 3-4 minutes longer. Remove glaze from heat, transfer to carrots and toss. Remove immediately.