"Indian" Cinnamon Toast Nibbles
An aromatic nibbler that will have the kids running to the kitchen. This is also a great way to introduce the newer generation to the classic taste us New Englander's have enjoyed for generations, Indian Pudding.
Share This Recipe
For 12 Serving(s)
- Nonstick butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) each dried ginger, allspice(or nutmeg) and ground cloves
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup(s) canned Indian Pudding, stirred to soften
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) your favorite jelly
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons cinnamon
"Indian" Cinnamon Toast Nibbles Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Spray 12-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a bowl, blend flour, baking powder and all dried spices well. In another bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, lemon juice, egg, Indian Pudding and milk. Add wet to dry, mixing until it just holds together and still has lumps. Stir in the jelly until it has broken down into small bits. Evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to cool slightly before transferring to a platter or large plate. Spray a Nibble with nonstick cooking spray completely and roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture so all sides are dusted. Repeat with remaining Nibbles. Serve warm.