Yankee Grilled Skewers
You want a true Yanked equivalent of Teriyaki Chicken on a Stick? This is it! You taste the New England flavors of maple and apples "caramelizing" on thin strips of chicken over a smoky fire. Simple, purely New England and a one of a kind flavor that only The Yankee Chef can give you.
For 10 Serving(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup(s) cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) jalapeno, peach or apple jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 boneless chicken breast halves
Yankee Grilled Skewers Directions
- Whisk maple syrup, vinegar, jalapeno jelly, ginger and salt and pepper to taste together in a bowl. Place the chicken breasts into this marinade and let sit for at least 1 hour, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Heat grill on low and remove chicken from marinade, shaking excess liquid off. Cut chicken into long, thin strips and pierce onto skewers. I place these skewers on the top rack of my grill, where the flame does not touch the rack. Close lid and cook 3-4 minutes before turning to cook on the other side until done. Depending on how far the rack is, you may need to cook chicken longer until it is cooked through.
- If desired, while chicken is cooking, heat the marinade over high heat until boiling. Thicken with a tablespoon of cornstarch whisked with a tablespoon of water. Remove from heat to use for dipping your cooked chicken skewers into.