Asian Peach Chicken Skewers
These super tasty, summertime skewers can be cooked while on or off the skewers. The fresh taste of the South Seas mingled with the tropical flavor of peaches is the perfect duo.
Share This Recipe
For 4 Serving(s)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspon minced garlic in oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in half
- Peach Salad:
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- 1/2 (6-ounce)can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/4 cup broken pecans
- 2 tablespoons chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 -8 skewers
Asian Peach Chicken Skewers Directions
- In the bowl of a food processor, or use a blender, add half the lime juice, all of the coconut milk, cilantro and garlic. Pulse on high until smooth. Pour into a bowl, add chicken and coat each piece well. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours. You can also use a large zip lock baggie as well, making sure to combine marinade with the chicken a few times regardless of which preparation you choose.
- In another bowl, make Peach Salad by tossing together peaches, corn,bamboo shoots, pecans, chilies with juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger with remaining lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Liberally spray your grill racks with nonstick coking spray. Preheat grill. When hot, remove chicken from marinade, shaking off excess. Thred either 1 or 2 chicken pieces on each skewer and cook 5-6 minutes per side over indirect heat, or until juices run clear when pressed. Remove chicken, drizzle some of the juice from the salad over the chicken. and immediately serve with peach salad on the side.
- If using bamboo skewers, make sure you soak them for at least 30 minutes first to prevent them from catching fire.